For those that are divorced, but want to be free to marry, you must begin the annulment process. This process can seem overwhelming at times, but you will be supported throughout the process by your personal advocate, assigned by the parish. Upon completion of the paperwork, it will be submitted to the tribunal of the Church, who will evaluate your request. If you receive a positive judgement, it will confirm that each individual from the union is free to enter into a valid marriage.

An annulment is needed and must be granted to any individual — Catholic or non-Catholic — that has been previously married in a Church or by a civil authority, including common law marriage, and is wanting to celebrate the sacrament of marriage in the Catholic Church.

For further questions regarding the annulment process please contact Deacon George Morin at St. Thomas More Catholic Parish at or 303.221.9239.

St. Thomas More has a Divorce Ministry which is offered to anyone who has been through a divorce and desires an opportunity to understand their experience in the light of faith and to heal from the inevitable wounds that accompany the end of a marriage.

For more information on the Divorce Ministry, please contact Sandra Schwab at 303.221.9235 or

Return to Marriage Home

Marriage Tribunal Annulment Decree of Nullity