MIDDLE SCHOOL CONFIRMATION
Registration is Now Closed
Our next confirmation preparation will be in the fall of 2020.
Please note the requirements below to be eligible for next time.
*All required documentation and material fee must be received for registration to be complete.
*Prerequisite: Students must be enrolled in Religious Education the immediate year prior to Confirmation preparation, with an 80% minimum attendance rate. Please enroll in one of our Religious Education opportunities that begin this Fall 2019. Eligible STM classes are Shepherd’s Promise, Faith & Family or STM Catholic School.
Middle School Confirmation is for youth who wish to continue the path of Christian initiation, become strengthened and sealed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and live as active witnesses of Christ. They begin preparing in the fall of their 6th, 7th, or 8th grade year, and then they receive their sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of that year.
Classes are held on Sundays from 3:30-5:15pm with monthly home sessions.
Registration is for students who:
- Currently in 6th-8th.
- Were enrolled in a religious education class the prior year with a minimum of 80% attendance rate (If not an STM program, then a letter of participation from the parish or Catholic School with pre-approved curriculum will be required.)
- Are baptized Catholic and have received their First Eucharist
- If you are a non-parishioner and live outside of the Archdiocese of Denver, or recently transferred from another local Parish within the past 6 months, you will need to obtain permission from your Parish Pastor. Letter of permission must be received along with your registration.
Necessary Student Components
We ask the candidates to complete the following four components and meet regularly with their Confirmation sponsor:
1. CATECHESIS COMPONENT – Catechesis is taught at home with 5 monthly support classes at the church for both parents and candidates. All monthly Candidate/Parent classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 3:30pm – 5:15pm.
2. RETREAT COMPONENT – Attend at least one retreat during the Confirmation preparation time.
3. FAITH IN ACTION COMPONENT – Volunteer for at least 8 hours by serving the parish for at least 4 hours and outside the parish for at least 4 hours through service to others.
4. YOUTH MINISTRY COMPONENT – Be involved in regular, weekly youth ministry throughout the Confirmation preparation as well as ongoing participation in youth ministry after they are confirmed.
Required Info Meetings: Parent & Candidate
This meeting is Mandatory for both parent and candidate to attend. We offer two identical sessions; you only need to attend one of the listed dates. Both times meet at 3:30pm-5:15pm in McCallin Hall.
- Sunday, March 3, 2019
- Sunday, March 10, 2019
Childcare is available for anyone who RSVP’s 72 hours in advance to 303.770.0531 x0
2019 Rehearsal and Mass (Ceremony)
Attendance at the rehearsal for your Mass is mandatory for candidates and highly encouraged for sponsors.
Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 10:00am
- General Rehearsal: Friday, Nov. 8 at 6:30-8:00pm
Friday, November 15, 2019 at 7:00pm
- General Rehearsal: Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 6:30-8:00pm
Sign-up for preferred ceremony on a first-come-first-serve basis by Monday, August 26, 2019.
Mandatory attendance at rehearsals attached to your ceremony.
Middle School Confirmation Retreat
Mother Cabrini Shrine Day Retreat – Fall 2019
REGISTRATION OPENS ON MARCH 11TH.
This is ONE of many options counting toward fulfilling a Candidate’s retreat component for Confirmation Prep. Details of this retreat, along with additional retreat options, will be presented at the mandatory Parent & Candidate Info Meeting.
This day retreat is presented by the Office of Catechesis at Mother Cabrini Shrine in Golden, CO. Spots are limited and fill quickly, on a first-come-first-serve basis!
Open for registration: Monday, March 11th (after Parent & Candidate Info Meetings).
Retreat deadline: Monday, May 20th.
Is there a helpful timeline I can follow to register for 2019
If you are looking to register for 2019 Middle School Confirmation, please refer to the following timeline:
Fall 2018-Spring 2019: Enrolled in Religious Education/Catholic School (5th, 6th, 7th grade).
Early 2019: Register for Middle School Confirmation by the stipulated deadline.
Spring 2019-Fall 2019: Enrolled in Confirmation prep. Spring-Fall cycle that goes through the summer.
Fall 2019: Finishing Confirmation prep, ceremony in the Fall (6th, 7th, or 8th grade).
Fall-Spring Transition in 2020
Beginning in Fall 2020, all Confirmation prep cycles will run on a Fall-Spring timeline to align with the academic year. This means we will no longer begin preparation in the Spring; instead, Middle School and High School candidates would follow a two-year timeline: year 1 being their RE prerequisite year, and year 2 being their Confirmation preparation year.
If you are looking to register for 2020 Middle School Confirmation or High School Confirmation, please refer to the following timeline:
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
RE prerequisite year
5-7 and 8-11
Fall 2020-Spring 2021
Confirmation prep year
6-8 and 9-12
My child was baptized or made...
My child was baptized or made their First Eucharist at a different parish what do I need to know?
If your child was Baptized or made their First Eucharist anywhere other than St Thomas More a copy of the certificates are required and should be emailed to our registrar before registering online. Registration is not considered complete until all documents and payment is received. Please call our registrar, Patty Harrison 303.770.531 x8, with any questions.
Please Note: Prior to proceeding with online registration please make certain you have emailed copies of your child’s certificates, letter of participation (if applicable). And to register online as a parishioner have your valid envelope number.
Further questions? Please contact the registrar at 303.770.0531 x8