MIDDLE SCHOOL CONFIRMATION
Please note the requirements below to be eligible for next time.
*All required documentation and material fee must be received for registration to be complete.
*Prerequisite: Students must be enrolled in a catechism class the immediate year prior to Confirmation preparation, with an 80% minimum attendance rate. Please enroll in one of our Religious Education opportunities that begin this Fall 2021. Eligible STM classes are Shepherd’s Promise, Faith & Family or STM Catholic School.
Middle School Confirmation is for youth who wish to continue the path of Christian initiation, become strengthened and sealed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and live as active witnesses of Christ. They begin preparing in the fall of their 6th, 7th, or 8th grade year, and then they receive their sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of that year.
Classes are typically held every Sunday afternoon, except for school and holiday breaks, from 2:00-3:15pm.
Registration is for students who:
- Going into 6th-8th.
- Were enrolled in a religious education class the prior year with a minimum of 80% attendance rate (If not an STM program, then a letter of participation from the parish or Catholic School with pre-approved curriculum will be required.)
- Are baptized Catholic and have received their First Eucharist
- If you are a non-parishioner and live outside of the Archdiocese of Denver, or recently transferred from another local Parish within the past 6 months, you will need to obtain permission from your Parish Pastor. Letter of permission must be received along with your registration.
We ask the candidates to attend at least 80% of the class and complete all class assignments.
Necessary Student Components
We ask the candidates to complete the following four components and meet regularly with their Confirmation sponsor:
1. CATECHESIS COMPONENT – Catechesis is taught at home with 5 monthly support classes at the church for both parents and candidates. All monthly Candidate/Parent classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 2:00pm – 3:15pm.
2. RETREAT COMPONENT – Attend at least one retreat during the Confirmation preparation time.
3. FAITH IN ACTION COMPONENT – Volunteer for at least 8 hours by serving the parish for at least 4 hours and outside the parish for at least 4 hours through service to others.
4. YOUTH MINISTRY COMPONENT – Be involved in regular, weekly youth ministry throughout the Confirmation preparation as well as ongoing participation in youth ministry after they are confirmed.
Required Info Meetings: Parent & Candidate
This meeting is Mandatory for both parent and candidate to attend. We offer two identical sessions; you only need to attend one of the listed dates.
- Sunday, October 6 from 3:30-5:15pm
- Thursday, October 10 from 6:30-8:15pm
Childcare is available for anyone who RSVP’s 72 hours in advance to 303.770.0531 x0
Attendance at the rehearsal for your Mass is mandatory for candidates and highly encouraged for sponsors.
Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 6:30pm
Saturday, May 7, 2022 @ 10:00am
Mandatory attendance at rehearsals attached to your ceremony.
Parent & Sponsor Attendance Requirements
Parents and sponsors play an important role in the preparation of the students. Your attendance is required at all parent/sponsor support classes. We partner with you to ensure you get the support and help you need on this journey. The Parent and Sponsor nights dates and times will be distributed in course information materials.
My child was baptized or made...
My child was baptized or made their First Eucharist at a different parish what do I need to know?
If your child was Baptized or made their First Eucharist anywhere other than St. Thomas More a copy of the certificates are required and should be emailed to our registrar before registering online. Registration is not considered complete until all documents and payment is received. Please call our registrar, Donna Engel 303.770.0531 x8, with any questions.
Please Note: Prior to proceeding with online registration please make certain you have emailed copies of your child’s certificates, letter of participation (if applicable). And to register online as a parishioner have your valid envelope number.
Further questions? Please contact Connie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.