MIDDLE SCHOOL CONFIRMATION
Registration is Now Open
Our next confirmation preparation will be in the fall of 2020.
Please note the requirements below to be eligible for next time.
*All required documentation and material fee must be received for registration to be complete.
*Prerequisite: Students must be enrolled in a catechism class the immediate year prior to Confirmation preparation, with an 80% minimum attendance rate. Please enroll in one of our Religious Education opportunities that begin this Fall 2020. Eligible STM classes are Shepherd’s Promise, Faith & Family or STM Catholic School.
Middle School Confirmation is for youth who wish to continue the path of Christian initiation, become strengthened and sealed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and live as active witnesses of Christ. They begin preparing in the fall of their 6th, 7th, or 8th grade year, and then they receive their sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of that year.
Classes are typically held on the first Sunday of the month from 3:30-5:15pm or the first Thursday of the month from 6:00-7:30pm with monthly home sessions.
Registration is for students who:
- Going into 6th-8th.
- Were enrolled in a religious education class the prior year with a minimum of 80% attendance rate (If not an STM program, then a letter of participation from the parish or Catholic School with pre-approved curriculum will be required.)
- Are baptized Catholic and have received their First Eucharist
- If you are a non-parishioner and live outside of the Archdiocese of Denver, or recently transferred from another local Parish within the past 6 months, you will need to obtain permission from your Parish Pastor. Letter of permission must be received along with your registration.
Necessary Student Components
We ask the candidates to complete the following four components and meet regularly with their Confirmation sponsor:
1. CATECHESIS COMPONENT – Catechesis is taught at home with 5 monthly support classes at the church for both parents and candidates. All monthly Candidate/Parent classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 3:30pm – 5:15pm.
2. RETREAT COMPONENT – Attend at least one retreat during the Confirmation preparation time.
3. FAITH IN ACTION COMPONENT – Volunteer for at least 8 hours by serving the parish for at least 4 hours and outside the parish for at least 4 hours through service to others.
4. YOUTH MINISTRY COMPONENT – Be involved in regular, weekly youth ministry throughout the Confirmation preparation as well as ongoing participation in youth ministry after they are confirmed.
2020 Rehearsal and Mass (Ceremony)
Attendance at the rehearsal for your Mass is mandatory for candidates and highly encouraged for sponsors.
Saturday, May 9 at 10:00am
Saturday, May 23 at 10:00am
Friday, June 5 at 6:00pm
Mandatory attendance at rehearsals attached to your ceremony.
Middle School Confirmation Retreat
Mother Cabrini Shrine Day Retreat – Fall 2020
To be announced.
This is ONE of many options counting toward fulfilling a Candidate’s retreat component for Confirmation Prep. Details of this retreat, along with additional retreat options, will be presented at the mandatory Parent & Candidate Info Meeting.
This day retreat is presented by the Office of Catechesis at Mother Cabrini Shrine in Golden, CO. Spots are limited and fill quickly, on a first-come-first-serve basis!
My child was baptized or made...
My child was baptized or made their First Eucharist at a different parish what do I need to know?
If your child was Baptized or made their First Eucharist anywhere other than St. Thomas More a copy of the certificates are required and should be emailed to our registrar before registering online. Registration is not considered complete until all documents and payment is received. Please call our registrar, Donna Engel 303.770.0531 x8, with any questions.
Please Note: Prior to proceeding with online registration please make certain you have emailed copies of your child’s certificates, letter of participation (if applicable). And to register online as a parishioner have your valid envelope number.