HIGH SCHOOL CONFIRMATION
Please stay tuned for registration to open in January 2019.
Last day to register is Monday, February 25 2019*
*All required documentation and material fee must be received for registration to be complete.
*Prerequisite: Students must be enrolled in Religious Education the immediate year prior to Confirmation preparation, with an 80% minimum attendance rate. If your teen is not a student in Catholic School, please enroll in one of our Religious Education opportunities that begin this Fall 2018.
High School Confirmation is for youth who wish to be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, learn about their faith and their relationship with God, and discover more about themselves and how they impact the lives of others. They begin preparing in the Spring of their 8th, 9th, 10th, or 11th grade year, and then they receive their sacrament of Confirmation in the Fall of their 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade year.
This sacramental preparation runs from March through October. Classes are held twice a month on Sundays from 3:30-5:15pm.
Registration is for students who:
- Currently in 8th-11th grade, and will be in 9th-12th grade the Fall of their Confirmation ceremony.
- Are currently in a religious education class with a minimum of 80% attendance rate (If not an STM program, then a letter of participation from the parish or Catholic School will be required)
- Are baptized Catholic and have received their First Eucharist
- If you are a non-parishioner and live outside of the Archdiocese of Denver, or recently transferred from another local Parish within the past 6 months, you will need to obtain permission from your Parish Pastor. Letter of permission must be received along with your registration.
Necessary Student Components
We ask the candidates to complete the following four components and meet regularly with their Confirmation sponsor:
- CATECHESIS COMPONENT: Catechesis is taught via support classes at the church twice a month on campus. All classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 3:30pm – 5:15pm.
- RETREAT COMPONENT: Attend at least one retreat during the Confirmation preparation time.
- FAITH IN ACTION COMPONENT: Volunteer by serving the parish and outside community.
- YOUTH MINISTRY COMPONENT: Be involved in regular, weekly youth ministry throughout the Confirmation preparation as well as ongoing participation in youth ministry after they are confirmed.
- CANDIDATE INTERVIEW: Conducted in Fall 2019 by one of the following: Pastor, program coordinator or catechist to review the preparation year and help the students reflect on their upcoming ceremony.
Required Info Meetings: Parent & Candidate
This meeting is mandatory for both parent and candidate to attend.
- Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 3:30pm-5:15pm in St. Francis Hall
Childcare is available for anyone who RSVP’s 72 hours in advance to 303.770.0531 x0
2019 Rehearsal and Mass (Ceremony)
Attendance at the rehearsal for your Mass is mandatory for candidates and highly encouraged for sponsors.
Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 10:00am
- General Rehearsal: Friday, Nov. 8 at 6:30-8:00pm
Friday, November 15, 2019 at 7:00pm
- General Rehearsal: Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 6:30-8:00pm
Sign-up for preferred ceremony on a first-come-first-serve basis by Monday, August 26, 2019.
Mandatory attendance at rehearsals attached to your ceremony.
Parent & Sponsor Attendance Requirements
Parents and sponsors play an important role in the preparation of the students. Your attendance is required at all parent/sponsor support classes. We partner with you to ensure you get the support and help you need on this journey. The Parent and Sponsor nights dates and times will be distributed in course information materials.
Is there a helpful timeline I can follow to register for 2019?
If you are looking to register for 2019 High School Confirmation, please refer to the following timeline:
Fall 2018-Spring 2019: Enrolled in Religious Education/Catholic School (8th, 9th, 10th, or 11th grade).
Early 2019: Register for High School Confirmation by the stipulated deadline.
Spring 2019-Fall 2019: Enrolled in Confirmation prep. Spring-Fall cycle that goes through the summer.
Fall 2019: Finishing Confirmation prep, ceremony in the Fall (9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade).
Fall-Spring Transition in 2020
Beginning in Fall 2020, all Confirmation prep cycles will run on a Fall-Spring timeline to align with the academic year. This means we will no longer begin preparation in the Spring; instead, Middle School and High School candidates would follow a two-year timeline: year 1 being their RE prerequisite year, and year 2 being their Confirmation preparation year.
If you are looking to register for 2020 Middle School Confirmation or High School Confirmation, please refer to the following timeline:
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
RE prerequisite year
5-7 and 8-11
Fall 2020-Spring 2021
Confirmation prep year
6-8 and 9-12
Further questions? Please contact the registrar at 303.770.0531 x8
They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit