HIGH SCHOOL CONFIRMATION
Registration is Now Open
Our next confirmation preparation will be in the fall of 2021.
Please note the requirements below to be eligible for next time.
*All required documentation and material fee must be received for registration to be complete.
*Prerequisite: Students must be enrolled in Religious Education the immediate year prior to Confirmation preparation, with an 80% minimum attendance rate. If your teen is not a student in Catholic School with approved curriculum, please enroll in one of our Religious Education opportunities that begin this Fall 2021.
High School Confirmation is for youth who wish to be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, learn about their faith and their relationship with God, and discover more about themselves and how they impact the lives of others. They begin preparing in the fall of their 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade year, and then they receive their sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring.
Classes are typically held on the second Sunday of the month from 3:30-5:15pm and the second Thursday of the month from 6:00-7:30pm.
Registration is for students who:
- Are going into 9th-12th grade
- Are currently in a religious education class with a minimum of 80% attendance rate (If not an STM program, then a letter of participation from the parish or Catholic School will be required)
- Are baptized Catholic and have received their First Eucharist
- If you are a non-parishioner and live outside of the Archdiocese of Denver, or recently transferred from another local Parish within the past 6 months, you will need to obtain permission from your Parish Pastor. Letter of permission must be received along with your registration.
Necessary Student Components
We ask the candidates to complete the following four components and meet regularly with their Confirmation sponsor:
- CATECHESIS COMPONENT: Catechesis is taught via support classes at the church twice a month on campus. All classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 3:30pm – 5:15pm.
- RETREAT COMPONENT: Attend at least one retreat during the Confirmation preparation time.
- FAITH IN ACTION COMPONENT: Volunteer by serving the parish and outside community.
- YOUTH MINISTRY COMPONENT: Be involved in regular, weekly youth ministry throughout the Confirmation preparation as well as ongoing participation in youth ministry after they are confirmed.
- CANDIDATE INTERVIEW: Conducted in Fall 2020 by one of the following: Pastor, program coordinator or catechist to review the preparation year and help the students reflect on their upcoming ceremony.
2021 Rehearsal and Mass (Ceremony)
Attendance at the rehearsal for your Mass is mandatory for candidates and highly encouraged for sponsors.
Mandatory attendance at rehearsals attached to your ceremony.
Parent & Sponsor Attendance Requirements
Parents and sponsors play an important role in the preparation of the students. Your attendance is required at all parent/sponsor support classes. We partner with you to ensure you get the support and help you need on this journey. The Parent and Sponsor nights dates and times will be distributed in course information materials.