HIGH SCHOOL CONFIRMATION
High School Confirmation is for youth who wish to be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, learn about their faith and their relationship with God, and discover more about themselves and how they impact the lives of others. They begin preparing in the fall of their 9th, 10th, or 11th grade year, and then they receive their sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring.
- Classes are held on Sunday from 3:30pm-5:15pm.
- Youth Ministry meetings are held on Wednesday evenings from 7:00–8:45pm
Registration is for students who:
- Are going into 9th–11th grade
- Are baptized Catholic and have received their First Eucharist (Holy Communion)
- If you are a non-parishioner and live outside of the Archdiocese of Denver, or recently transferred from another local Parish within the past 6 months, you will need to obtain permission from your Parish Pastor. A letter of permission must be received along with your registration.
*This is a 2-year program with an 80% attendance requirement.
Necessary Student Components
- Catechesis Classes (twice per month) from September-April
- Youth Ministry Meetings (once per month) from September-May each year. You must register for this separately (please see the Youth Ministry page or contact David Tschumper at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christina Hale at email@example.com for more information.
- One Youth Retreat each year. Youth Ministry offers three retreats every year: Fall Retreat, Lenten Retreat and Steubenville of the Rockies.
Necessary Parent Components
*Parents and sponsors play a significant role in the preparation of your child; therefore, parents are required to attend one of the two scheduled retreats during the year your child is receiving a sacrament. We partner with you to ensure that you get the support and help you need on this journey. The retreat dates are listed in the calendar for the student classes.
My child was baptized or made their First Eucharist at a different parish, what do I need to know?
If your child was Baptized or made their First Eucharist anywhere other than St. Thomas More, a copy of the certificates is required and should be emailed to our registrar before registering online. Registration is not considered complete until all documents and payment is received. Please email our registrar, Donna Engel at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Please Note: Prior to proceeding with online registration, make certain you have emailed copies of your child’s certificates and letter of participation (if applicable). To register online as a parishioner, please use your valid envelope number.
Further questions? Please contact Donna Engel at email@example.com.