VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Registration is now closed! Hope to see you next year!
Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a week-long summer experience that children look forward to every year! This year’s theme is Babylon: Daniel’s Courage in Captivity. Children get to explore the Babylonian Bazaar as the Old Testament story of Daniel comes to life. God makes His love known to Daniel and his friends amidst their trials; our adventure at St. Thomas More shows us the ways in which God is always there for us too. We even get to meet some of the iconic characters in person!
Join us by experiencing scripture tangibly through crafts, music, stories, games, snacks and coming together to worship in the Mass.
Participation is open to incoming Pre-K* through 5 grade children:
(*Pre-K children must be four-years-old by June 1.)
- When: Monday–Friday, June 25–29, 2018.
- Where: St. Thomas More Catholic Parish
- Time: Each day’s events run from 9:00am-12:00pm (noon)
- Cost: $50 (covers programming materials, snacks, and craft items).
Registration is now closed! Limited spots available. No registrations will be accepted after this deadline.
We cannot make VBS happen without our devoted leadership team! Do you like to work with children? Are you creative? Are you organized? Adults and incoming 6-12 grade youth are invited to take part in a variety of volunteer leadership opportunities. We are very excited about the youth volunteers on our team, and we are currently still in major need of adult volunteers.
- Tribe Leaders: These leaders are responsible for one class (tribe) consistently throughout the week.
- Drama Team: Wear a costume and act out a part throughout the week.
- Shopkeeper (crafts, snacks, Bible History): Work in one of many shops to help create crafts, serve snacks or teach.
- Games: Teach and lead students in outdoor games. *At this time we have a sufficient number of leaders for Games and will not be assigning new ones. Please consider the many awesome opportunities that still need help.
- Administration: Helping in the office, supporting volunteers.
If you would like to join the team, please complete our separate Volunteer Registration form (see Forms and Documents).
How Do I Register My Child
Registration is now open. Registration forms can be downloaded and printed from this page or are available in the Information Cove and outside the Office of Catechesis. In order for registration to be complete, both form and fee must be turned in to Yifat Shahrabani at the Office of Catechesis by Friday, May 25. Online registration for VBS is not available; physical paper format only.
Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis; spots are limited and fill quickly! We cannot save spots and we honor registrations in the order received. Once all spots are filled, any outstanding registrants are automatically Wait-listed.
All cancellations on and after Friday, June 1 result in automatic forfeiture of your spot and fees. All fees become non-refundable on and after this date. Last minute cancellation results in vacant spots that are unaccounted for, with too short notice for any potential Wait-listed participants who may otherwise claim said spots. In the event of attempting to undo a cancellation, we cannot guarantee you your spot back; if your spot becomes filled, we must honor the new registrant who claims it. These policies are in place to ensure that St. Thomas More is aligned with deadlines and procedures of the Archdiocese of Denver.
Who is eligible to participate?
VBS is for any child entering PreK-5th grade who wants to experience a week with Christ and other kids. PreK students must be 4-years-old by June 1st. All participants must be potty-trained. Bathroom breaks will be provided throughout the day.
For questions, contact us!
Jo Holt- Volunteer Leadership
Director of Marriage and Family Life