CATECHESIS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
What is Catechesis of the Good Shepherd?
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is an interactive form of catechesis where children explore with hands-on materials to understand the Bible and the Mass. This religious experience fosters the growth of the relationship between God and the child in a place specially prepared for the religious life of children called the Atrium.
Feel free to click here to view an introduction video for a better understanding of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
Registration Opens April 1. There is limited space, and spaces fill quickly. A registration link for all Faith Formation Options will be on the main Children’s Faith Formation page starting April 1. Parental Assistance is required a minimum of 4 times per year.
- Classes are held on Sundays 9:45am–11:15am or Tuesdays 4:30pm–6:00pm.
- Parental assistance is required a minimum of 4 classes a year.
- 2nd grade students will automatically be registered for First Reconciliation classes.
- 3rd grade students will automatically be registered for Restored Order classes.
The Top 5 Reasons to become a trained catechist are:
- To build social relationships with like-minded people.
- Catechist Formation is a retreat in which you will come to know more about, understand, and love our Catholic faith.
- To help Saint Thomas More be able to provide CGS to our children.
- To directly help grow the Kingdom of God through evangelization.
- So your own children or grandchildren can learn about their faith and the Bible through CGS!
To register, please contact Donna Engel at email@example.com.
For program information, please contact Yvette Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.221.9176.
“That is the most beautiful homily I have ever witnessed.”
–Saint John Paul II, while visiting a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd atrium
April 1–August 18