Welcome to Respect for Life
Purpose: To promote the dignity of all life by educating the parish on life issues from conception through natural death.
• PRAYER for the unborn, the elderly, the disabled, the mentally ill, prisoners, the homeless, the unemployed and any other at-risk in our society.
• ROSARIES at abortion facilities on the third Saturday of each month and Good Friday and at St. Thomas More Church in May and October.
• HOLY HOUR in December in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe for the unborn.
• ARCHDIOCESAN RESPECT LIFE ACTIVITIES: Mass at the Cathedral on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade in January and participation in the Colorado Right to Life gathering at Capitol steps. Participation in 40 Days of Prayer and Deanery Prayer Service and Rosary at abortion facility.
• ST. THOMAS MORE CHURCH BULLETIN has Respect Life news each week to educate and encourage participation.
• THE MORE INFORMED Church Newsletter is published in February, April, June, August, October and December and includes pro-life information.
• PRO-LIFE E-MAIL NETWORK encourages civic responsibility regarding pro-life actions pending in the State and Federal legislature by activating the e-mail network and/or provides letters for parishioners to mail to the appropriate legislator encouraging them to vote pro-life.
• ROSES on Mother’s Day reminding mothers of the privilege and joys of motherhood and the blessings of children.
• THE GABRIEL PROJECT is a ministry devoted to assisting pregnant mothers in need.
• WHITE CROSSES in May and October and to loan to other parishes. The purpose of the White Crosses is to remind people of the 4,000 babies killed each day by abortion in the U.S. Call Bob or Mary Dalton at 303-841-3296 to reserve the White Crosses.
Meetings: The last Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. below the Padre Restaurant.
40 Days for Life
Ash Wednesday, February 13 to Easter Sunday, March 31
40 Days for Life is a focused pro-life effort that consists of 40 days of prayer and fasting, 40 days of peaceful vigil and 40 days of community outreach.
While all aspects of 40 Days for Life are crucial in our effort to end abortion, the most visible component is the peaceful prayer vigil outside the local abortion facility, Planned Parenthood in Denver. St. Thomas More days to pray at Planned Parenthood will be: