St. Thomas More Mentors
"It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain." - John 15:16
Take Your Faith To The Next Level
Peer Mentor Job Description
To give High School students a opportunity to become leaders and role models to Middle School students by sharing their faith journey. As a High School student, they have had many of the same experiences as the Middle Schoolers are having and through small groups, social activities and various Crossfire and EDGE activities they are able to help younger youth grow in their faith.
• Desire to continually strive in their faith through prayer, community, and service activities
• Freshman or Sophomore in High School to mentor 6th Grade Students on Thursdays.
• Juniors & Seniors in High School to mentor 7th & 8th Grade Students on Wednesdays.
• Active in their Faith and willing to share experiences with younger youth while humbly practicing being a strong Catholic Role Model
• Commit for at least one 4-month period per year mentoring. (Summer, Winter, Spring)
• Attend Servant Leadership Night monthly (usually 3rd Friday of the month). On this
night we will socialize, pray, brain storm and do necessary training
• Attend the planning meetings once a month for the night you are running
• Build personal relationships with youth in your small groups by calling or emailing weekly, having lunch or attending school activities, etc.
4 hours per month for Servant Leadership Night
3 hours per Thursday (Edge) or Wednesday (Crossfire)
1 hour per month for phone calls, emails, lunches and other activities
If you complete at least one 4-month commitment per year the next summer we will pay for your attendance on Servant Leadership Weekend. Servant Leadership Weekend is an incredible retreat created especially to help train and empower youth leaders.
For more information about mentoring please contact the Middle School Office at 303-220-3388 ext. 2 or 4.
|Mentor Application 2012-2013.doc ||54 KB|